PTFE Sheet, Rods, Cylinders and Tube
PTFE is the most highly chemically resistant synthetic material available, with its famous non-stick surface. Polysource PTFE gives superb surface release, with outstanding UV-resistance in extreme sunlight, operating in temperatures over 250°C for extended periods.
Polysource PTFE is supplied in two forms:
- Virgin PTFE, a more pliable, white material, and
- Compounded PTFE, to which Alloys and Fillers have been added.
The most common Polysource PTFE Compounds contain different levels of glass or carbon fibre, for enhanced physical properties, to suit more demanding mechanical applications.
Properties of Polysource Virgin PTFE:
- Unaffected by almost all chemicals
- Lowest co-efficient of friction
- Outstanding dielectric properties
- High operating temperature and stability
- Physiologically inert
Advantages of Polysource PTFE compounds:
- Improved Dimensional Stability
- Improved Abrasion Resistance
- Increased Strength, Stiffness and Hardness
- Improved Machinability
Applications of PTFE Products:
- Piston Rings, glide rings, lantern rings and back up rings
- Slide bearings
- Electrical and thermal insulators